Outreach and Education Coordinator
Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
The Outreach and Education Coordinator will support Zebra Coalition’s mission by developing and facilitating educational workshops and programs to enhance community awareness, understanding, and appreciation for issues and concerns that affect LGBTQ+ youth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop culturally competent and intersectional educational activities, curricula, and training programs for the larger community, organization and youth served within the organization around issues related to the LGBTQ+ population with a specialized focus in sexual assault and the youth population.
- Oversee the development of other educational programs according to needs.
- Develop and facilitate youth programming as it relates to the LGBTQ+ populations.
- Integrate a multicultural approach to trainings and workshops.
- Implement and organize educational and training programs that integrate information on LGBTQ+ issues into the community for community groups, corporations, businesses, and other agencies.
- Develop and maintain educational materials that focus on subjects related to sexual assault in the LGBTQ+ population.
- Research and identify educational needs regarding LGBTQ issues in the community.
- Develop and implement evaluation tools that can be utilized to measure the effectiveness of educational activities and aide in the implementation of new educational opportunities.
- Evaluate and develop awareness resources for use in community education and outreach.
- Actively engage with businesses, corporations, and community organizations to present educational opportunities related to LGBTQ+ trainings and workshops.
- Maintain tracking database for trainings and workshops.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field (education, communication, psychology, social work, or sociology.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated experience in areas such as education, curriculum development, community outreach, group facilitation or working on similar fields.
- Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people, engaging in social situations, working in collaboration with others, and empowering community leaders.
- Understanding and familiarity with different teaching techniques and cognitive approaches to education.
- Experience, ability, desire, and commitment to working with LGBTQ+ youth.
- Working knowledge and experience with the transgender and gender nonbinary community.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Current Driver’s License, driver’s insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle.
Visit zebrayouth.org/careers for additional details. Please submit a cover letter and a resume in a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or in-person applications please.
About Zebra Coalition
The mission of Zebra Coalition is to support and inspire LGBTQ+ youth. Zebra Coalition is a network of organizations, which provide services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and all youth (LGBTQ+) ages 13 - 24.
The Coalition assists young people facing homelessness, bullying, isolation from their families, and physical, sexual and drug abuse with individualized programs to guide them to recovery and stability.
This position is located in Orlando, Florida.
Zebra Coalition is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, HIV/AIDS status, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.