Zebra Coalition’s Current Needs List
Support of Zebra Coalition® ensures that we can continue to provide youth the full spectrum of resources and support they need. Check out our current needs list to see how you can help Central Florida’s LGBT+ youth.
WELCOME HOME BASKET
- Household cleaning supplies:
- Liquid dish detergent, multi-surface cleaner, sponges, toilet bowl brush and cleaner, broom, mop, bucket
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, feminine hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, bars of soap, lotion, deodorant, brush/comb,
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Tall kitchen trash bags
- Laundry detergent – single use pods only
- Laundry basket
- New/gently used towel set
- New/gently used twin bed set
- Can opener
HYGIENE/SURVIVAL KIT SUPPLIES
- 1-Gallon sized zip lock bags
- Non-perishable snacks that can be opened without a can opener:
- Granola/fruit bars, packs for crackers, canned/packaged meat
- Basic hygiene products (travel-sized):
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, sunscreen with SPF, hand sanitizer, deodorant, chapstick/lip balm with SPF, shaving cream, razors, feminine hygiene products, basic first-aid supplies, hairbrush / comb
- Refillable, plastic/sport water bottles
GIFT CARDS & TRANSPORTATION
- $5 or $10 gift cards to McDonalds, Starbucks, Subway
- $25 or $50 gift cards to Publix, Winn-Dixie or Wal-Mart for food
- Gift cards of any value to Target, Staples, Wal-Mart for organization needs
- 1-day and 7-day LYNX bus passes
- Adult backpacks – for clients in school as well Street Outreach
- Laundry detergent single use pods only – for laundry facility
- New/gently used towel sets – for shower facility
- LGBTQ related books – for our lending library
- Board games with all gaming pieces
- Non-perishable food – for our food bank
- Snack foods & bottles of water – for drop-in center hours & activities
- Plastic storage bins with lids (15 gallon bins or larger)
- Single cup coffee pods
- Disposable plates, bowls, utensils, styrofoam cups & napkins
$500 is the average direct cost to manage one Zebra Coalition® client each month. Any size monetary gift is appreciated. Click here to learn more about monetary donations.
We have many volunteer opportunities available for individuals with different needs, interests and schedules. Join us at our next volunteer information session to learn more about the Zebra Coalition® and discover a volunteer opportunity that’s right for you. Please visit our website at http://www.zebrayouth.org for upcoming information session dates and additional details and requirements.
For additional details and to coordinate a donation drop-off please contact us at email@example.com or 407.228.1446, option 2
The mission of the Zebra Coalition® is to foster hope, dignity and self-respect in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and all youth (LGBT+) and to provide them an opportunity to grow up in a safe, healthy and supportive environment.
Please respect our in-kind donation list and understand that items are subject to refusal. Donated items that we must dispose of are a cost to our organization. If you have any questions about the acceptability of an item you wish to donate, please contact us prior to dropping off items. All items must be clean and in working condition.